Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
The Hermiston Education Foundation is committed to excellence and preparing our students for the 21st century.
The Hermiston Education Foundation has a vision.
As we look to the future, we need to offer students the chance to discover, explore, and grasp opportunities beyond the bounds of the mandated curriculum. The Foundation’s mission is to empower students to explore all academic areas as well as the arts. The Foundation will grant funding that will provide students with the tools and knowledge to build new ideas and excitement for learning.
To achieve excellence, the Hermiston Education Foundation needs your help.
Every charitable gift is important. Whether you donate money, a bequest of your estate or other gifting opportunities, remember … where education and philanthropy meet, stronger citizens and communities result. We are “Helping Kids Reach Their Potential.”
The Foundation will award four $2,500 post-secondary education scholarships. The scholarships are for seniors from Hermiston High School attending colleges and universities in academic programs. Click here for further information.
The Foundation will use a grant process that carefully considers the purpose, scope, and educational impact of each proposal.
What form will grants take?
The Hermiston Education Foundation will support one level of classroom grants: Basic Grants.
The Basic Grant level will be less than $1,000. Two determining factors in awarding grants will be the project’s ability to provide significant enhancement to children’s education and to what extent the project supports improvement goals.
When will grants be funded?
Completed grants are accepted twice a year. The application is available online and also at each school. Grant applications for the current cycle are due to Briana Cortaberria at the District Office by Thursday, October 27, 2016, at 4:00 p.m.
Instructions to complete and submit the application electronically:
- Review the Basic Grant Information document.
- Review and sign the Statement of Understanding.
- Print the Grant Checklist.
- Download the Application Here (MS Word Format) – Right click and choose “Save As”
- Complete the application on your computer and print it out.
- Submit the completed application and one copy of the Statement of Understanding to your building principal.
How will the Foundation support the District?
The Foundation will fund projects that:
- Enhance the education of all children.
- Correspond to a specific teaching area.
- Impact a large number of children, such as a classroom.
- Address the district vision, along with the academic goals of each school.